Monday, March 1, 2010

To My Amusement

You don't have to attempt to amuse
Through actions of a silly fashion;
You don't have to light a fuse
To start a fiery, burning passion.
Simply speaking,
You are you,
And I simply
Could not ask for more -
To ask of Cinderella one more chore!
To ask a man to try to choose
Between the intimacy of Watteau's art
Or morals from the ones by Greuze!

So away your candle
And your doings, do handle, for
You don't have to light a fuse
To be the one I call my muse.

2 comments:

  1. You being or Air.
    You're filled with nothing.
    I thought I was being fair,
    Not asking for something.

    Critic? You no Longer are?
    What am I to do
    If I only hear you from afar?

    I the deaf do Lament.
    This poor fellow
    Only seeks to hear a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm bad with poetry

    ReplyDelete