Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Don't Make Me Say It Twice

I told you a long time ago
That I'm ready to jump.
I told you a while back
I'm ready to dive.
Just moments ago,
You were the one waiting.
Then why is it now
That you're hesitating?

I told you ahead of time
That I'm down to go.
I told you before you asked
I'm willing to follow.
Just moments ago,
You were so prepared.
What's happened to you
To make you so scared?

Though I may not know what's
Glued your feet to the floor,
And though I may not be
As much of a comfort anymore,
I can still lend you my hand.
That much I know.

Test me.
Do it.

I don't mind saying
I told you so.

2 comments:

  1. the first two stanzas are *_*

    you began each line with almost the exact same letters, too, save for the W in the second to last line of stanza 2.

    what an incisive poem :\
    cuts right through me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't we all wish we could be this concise. 0_0 *awe*

    ReplyDelete