Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Not Very

How lucky do you think people get in life
With all the things that happen every day and night;
The things that make you want to sob and weep;
The things that make life less worth to keep?

How lucky do you think people get in the world?
Does that one guy ever get his girl?
And if he gets her will she really stay,
Or will she just disappear the next day?

How fortunate is someone as dreary as me?
Do you ever think of me in your dreams?
But I doubt I ever seep into your mind at all.

I am one unlucky girl it seems.

2 comments:

  1. Slant rhymes ^-^

    Life brings unto people no such luck
    But that which leads to misfortune.
    Night and day yield only things to grieve,
    At least, that is the world you perceive.

    You question Mother Earth and Lady Luck the same,
    Blaming them both for this gloomy rain.
    I think, however, you think astray,
    For together they shall be, whatever the weather may.

    I see you drifting among the harps and flutes
    As I drift to sleep wishing my dreams to truth.
    But I'm sure you'll brush me off as you always do.

    I am one unlucky guy; I speak sooth.

    ReplyDelete