Tuesday, February 9, 2010

A Sinuous Song

Have I shown up in your dreams lately?
Or have I become that matter which
Fuels your nightmares -
That binds you down;
That constricts you tightly;
That mars you nightly?
A slither more than whisper?
Then I'd rather be in neither.

This is a goodbye ballad,
Because you should stay away,
Before you can't escape
Anymore.

This is a sayonara serenade,
Because I'd hate to wait
And see me poison the one I
Adore.

So go. Go on.
Don't think I care;
Don't think I mind;
Don't mind my salivating stare,
Because if I gave a hiss,
Would I be singing this
Swan song?

Wait. My mistake.
The swan was long eaten
By this snake.

1 comment:

  1. Of late I have seen you in dreams of mine
    Reliving a past that never came to pass.
    But never were you in the nightmarish kind
    For you were always nice and kind in class.

    Believe me, you are not a source of harm
    but of joy and hope in my wistful dreams.
    Repent not for your incredible charm;
    At midnight's darkness, it is you who gleams.

    This is a sonnet of appreciation
    Because the happiness and memories
    You bring is far beyond calculation.
    The voice of you is my night's remedy.

    So now I wake and rise to early dawn
    And what do I see? I see you, the swan.

    ReplyDelete