Saturday, January 23, 2010

Analogy Spree

When... when you talk about other guys,
It feels like I'm a ninja spy
On an extremely important mission -
But just as it's about to be completed
A flurry of rhinos run over my tree
And I die, defeated.

Then, when you joke you hate me,
Though it's a joke, I feel like
A teacher who has to go to the restroom badly,
But when she finally makes it there
And closes the stall door
She ends up having to stare
At sharpie'd slander about herself.

But just one nice comment from you,
And my heart turns pink from blue,
Like a blue bird who has too many tomatoes
And cherries and lovers and turns rose
From all the hue and blush of them,
Or like a rainbow tired of frowning
Who finally decides to straighten up
Or maybe curve upward as its ends rise
And feels more worthy than all the gold
It has at its demise.

Um. Do you get what I'm trying to say?
Oh... no? Well, I supposed that's okay.
Well... just, sorry for the bad analogies.
But you must admit - they're better than Garvey's.

:D

No comments:

Post a Comment