Sunday, January 24, 2010

I Blame You

I think I'll lose every thing
I'm supposed to find;
I think I'll cross every line
That I should stay behind;
Because you're just worth
Every action that I should never do -
I'd do anything I could
If I could just reach out to you.

But no matter how I reach,
You're just beyond my fingertips.
What exactly do I have to do
To get you to read my lips

That say:
I think I'll kill every thing
I'm supposed to save;
I think I'll speak out all the secrets
I should take to my grave;
Because you're just worth
Every action that should never be -
I'd do anything I could
If I could get you to love me.

1 comment:

  1. I think I've lost every thing
    I'm trying to achieve;
    I think I'm going to die
    the next time I breathe.

    Every action that I take
    is always a mistake.
    Every warning that I hear
    I always tend to mishear.

    And no matter how hard I try,
    I get ever-further away,
    My lips parched, dry,
    in the end of days.

    I think I won't survive
    In my current mood.
    How can I possibly live?
    Dang Calculus, I'm screwed.

    - Btw, good job, Jennifer! Your poems are great!

    ReplyDelete